Number of visitors

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Voice of Greece QSL

On August 24, 2012, I received Voice of Greece on 15630 khz, and
heard the usual Greek and/or foreign music. It was one of the first
times I'd logged Greece, and badly wanted to send a reception
report. I could not find a good email address anywhere, so I took
the unusual step (for me, at least) of sending them a QSL request
by regular mail. If I remember right, I got VOG's address from the
excellent blog South East Asia DXing (if you need a mailing address,
it is at the bottom of this post). Anyway, I wrote a brief report, put it
in an envelope with two or three stamps, and off it went.

After several months, (sometime in January this year), I received
an envelope containing a big, folded map of Greece, a sheet with
a VOG schedule and my eagerly anticipated QSL card, with a
picture of some ancient Greek jewelry on the front. Since my
initial loggings of VOG, I have found myself listening to it very
often, although mostly on 9420 khz, rather than 15630. The
quality of the transmissions varies, with some days earning
something like a SINPO rating of 44344, but more often it's
more like 33233, or worse. Still, it's almost always on when I
do my SWLing in the evenings, and the strange, idiosyncratic
music is always cool to listen to.

QSL card, front and back, is pictured below.


























Voice of Greece
432 Messoghion Av
15342 Aghia Paraskevi
Athens - GREECE

or

POB 60019
15310 Aghia Paraskevi
ATTIKIS
Athens - GREECE

2 comments:

  1. Hi friend, congratulations for your blog! Which one of this two addresses you've used to receive the QSL card from the voice of greece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Hugo:

    The address that worked for me was

    Voice of Greece
    432 Messoghion Av
    15342 Aghia Paraskevi
    Athens - GREECE


    Bear in mind that this was over a year ago, and that Voice of Greece may
    no longer be sending out QSLs.

    ReplyDelete