Number of visitors

Monday, January 28, 2013

Radio Habana Cuba QSL card

Way back in July 2012, I sent Radio Habana Cuba a QSL request by
email to radiohc@enet.cu, for shortwave reception on 11750 khz. For
some reason, that doesn't sound quite right at the moment. Buuut, I'm
too lazy to check my logs. And let's face it, what frequency doesn't RHC
broadcast in? Does it even matter?

Several months later (early January  2013) I received a QSL package
from Cuba in the mail. The envelope was badly torn, basically open;
this happens to my correspondence from Iran as well, so no real surprise
there. Free countries (unlike Cuba?)  routinely open and check their
citizens' mail, right? Aaaanyway...Pictures of the QSL (back and front)
are below, along with a postcard and Jose Marti pocket calendar .
Thanks, RHC!




12 comments:

  1. Nice, I just got into shortwave radio in December. I sent for a QSL card from Voice of Russia Dec 14, no card like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found RHC on 6165 @0100 here in Denver Co on my new Alnico receiver. Excellent signal with some fade as time goes on. Wonder what other frequencies are beamed this way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, you might also be able to catch RHC on 5040 (mostly in Spanish, but sometimes English) and 6000.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got one from WWV after waiting so many months too as well as family radio. lots of shortwave broadcast stations seems to have a long wait period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm listening to DXers Unlimited on Radio Habana on 6165KHz as I type this (on a homebrew regen!) Good stuff - and your post has got me to thinking that perhaps I should send off for a QSL from them.

    Dave
    AA7EE

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello,
    Yesturday at 22:24 start till about 22:41- 6:24pm eastern to 6:41pm eastern I copied radio Havana Cuba on the enter 17 meter band, entire across all frequency's on 15 meter band , 10 meter band and 12 meter band. there signal covered all of the bands frequency's on those bands, no tuning required, I've been a ham for 50 years and I never in my life have ever heard a broadcast on the entire bands like last night. If anyone has experienced this too, please let us know. The FCC is very interested in this broadcast on November 29, 2014 at 22:24 to 22:41

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGE-8ta3hdQ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you get a error reply saying that the Email box was full?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't, and I don't think I ever have. Although the last QSL I requested about 7 months ago still hasn't come.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try: Radio Habana Cuba Apartado 6240, La Habana 6, Cuba. Email: radiohc@enet.cu.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete